Zimmermania

Monday, August 17, 2009

Little knittings



I like to knit for my son. This little hoodie is made from cotton stash. I followed the instructions for the seamless raglan sweater from "Knitting Without Tears", then left a gap for the neck opening, working back-and-forth from that point on. I worked the hood by increasing some stitches in the center back. Later I closed the hood by weaving the sides together (a skill I have taught myself from EZ's books, and I love to use it). For the border I picked up the stitches around neck opening and hood and worked a few rows in garter stitch. As you can see, it puckers quite uncomfortably.

That didn't please me too much, so I went back to look at my books.

For the next sweater, I intended to make a hood at first, too. But then I found and followed the instructions for the open collared shirt in " Knitters Almanac". The placket neck opening is nice and tidy and not difficult to work. And I loved the built-in I-cord border.
I also applied an I-cord border to my latest finished object. I have made quite a few tomtens (from "Knitting Without Tears") so far. This pattern is wonderful and easy to work. This time I used a thick wool I inherited from my grandmother. As I went along, I feared it would not be enough for the hood, which I always like to make a little wider and longer than the instructions suggest.The collar from the open collared shirt also fits, I think. I applied a contrasting I-cord border, and knitted extra little cuffs inside the sleeves in ribbing.

Sorry for my long haul. Have a good week, everyone!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Lovely! And your little one is an angelic model.

    By Blogger Zel, The Grimm Witch, at 1:14 PM  

  • Ditto Zel! Those are SO cute - and baby is a treat to behold.

    By Anonymous Melissa in Oklahoma, at 6:35 PM  

  • Lovely knits and on that sweetheart how can they look anything but good?

    By Blogger Kucki68, at 11:41 PM  

  • Gorgeous! Such fun to see nice little boy knits. And your baby is such a cute model!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home