Zimmermania

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Surprise Baby Outfit

This month I knit my fourth Baby Surprise Jacket. This time I knit for one of the Coast Guard wives who is expecting a boy in late July.

I never cease to be enthralled with the cleverness of this pattern! This time I used four solid-colored yarns and took advantage of the design to showcase some striping.

I used Dale of Norway's "Falk" yarn (the brown and cream) and Jaeger's "Matchmaker Merino DK" (the blue and green). I used size 5 needles (though I do knit very loose) and I'm estimating it will be about a 6-month size.

I also knit some of the baby-sized "Longies" from The Opinionated Knitter, though I left the legs with a rolled cuff rather than finishing out with an attached foot. They are one of the most adorable things I've ever knit. I used the same size needles with the same yarn, and the resulting pants look about the same size as the jacket.

Here is the whole outfit. I've decided that now no BSJ is complete without some matching longies! Too cute!
All for now; knit on!

9 Comments:

  • The cuteness factor of that outfit is almost unbearable! I love it :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

  • Perfect !!!
    I am going to try and make the longies too now.
    Take Care

    By Blogger DesiLoop, at 8:28 AM  

  • How lovely! The colors are just perfect!

    By Blogger Lynn in Tucson, at 8:46 AM  

  • I absolutely love this outfit! It's a great mix of garter and stocinette, plus the stripes! So great.

    By Blogger Chauntel, at 11:13 AM  

  • Great matching set!!

    By Blogger JakkiMitch, at 3:11 PM  

  • I love this outfit, the colours work really well together. I never get bored of seeing this little jacket knitted up.

    By Blogger picperfic, at 5:05 AM  

  • This is just too cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 AM  

  • That is lovely - one of the nicest BSJs I've seen :-)

    By Blogger Cazzie, at 7:20 AM  

  • I just stumbled across Zimmermania by accident - and I'm sooo inspired by your BSJ outfit. Love, love, love the pants!!!

    By Blogger Jo (sparkly green knickers), at 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home