Zimmermania

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April 1 Poetry Blogging

Today marks the beginning of National Poetry Month, and that means poets and people who like poems are pasting poems they like in unexpected places all over the world for others to run into, by accident, by good luck.

So of course Bloggers are posting favorite poems today.

I don't know if Elizabeth Zimmerman wrote poetry. I know many of us find poetry in what she wrote.

Here's a good quote:


"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
Elizabeth Zimmermann

That's a poem, don't you think?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Yes, that ia a poem, I can just use it too. Been through some kind of hell the last couple of weeks. Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Is it at the end of Knitting Around that EZ and her friends pen their obituaries? She did hers in verse, I recall. Something like...

    Elizabeth was knitting
    Cat in her lap
    She set down her needles
    And took a nap.

    I don't have it quite right and my library isn't at hand to check, but we know she wrote at least one poem!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:38 AM  

  • I think it's:
    "Elizabeth was knitting,
    cat on lap.
    She laid down her needles and took a nap."
    I don't have the book in front of me, either, though. But she wrote it at her epitaph, so it makes me feel like crying, just a little, in that "she was a mentor I never met" kind of way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home