Zimmermania

Friday, February 08, 2008

Pink and brown

My son, four weeks old, modelling yet another february sweater (Knitter´s Almanac), knit in stockinette ("Merino big" from Lana grossa) with raglan sleeves. And hey, I like boys in pink. Slightly pink maltese fisherman´s hat from "Knitting Without Tears", knit in the same wool.
I finally managed knitting coloured patterns. These are the Norwegian mittens from "Knitters Almanac". Well, there are some differences, not to say mistakes, concerning the palm pattern, but I thought that this side doesn´t show too often. It took me a while to figure out knitting with two colours, and I found EZ's instructions from "Knitting without tears" extremely helpful. Same wool as above.

6 Comments:

  • Oh Annie, your boy is such a little buttermuffin in his wonderful handknits! I want to eat him up, he's so cute! And it looks like that sweater will fit him for the rest of the winter with no problem. The mittens look great, too - I think they're an excellent first colorwork project. Congratulations all around!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 9:02 AM  

  • I'm just impressed you're able to knit at all with a 4 week old in the house! Beautiful baby, sweater, hats and mitts!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • Excellent posting, Annie.
    Thank you and have a good weekend

    By Blogger david santos, at 9:25 AM  

  • Thank you for your kind comments! Oh, I did all the knitting BEFORE my little boy arrived. Haven´t touched a needle since, but I hope I´ll be able soon again!

    By Blogger meyer, at 9:59 AM  

  • I was trying to think of a word that shows how delicious your little baby looks and "buttermuffin" is the best. I agree totally, sarah/blue garter! I could eat him up, too. Made my day to see that cute picture pop up when I opened up Zimmermania today. My two daughters and I are sitting her just cooing at that picture (the knitting and the cuteness). Your knitting looks wonderful, and yes, you will knit again. Babies are only little for a split second; you'll have plenty of time to knit, but he's only little once. It doesn't seem that way now, but enjoy every minute and kiss him all over for us!

    By Blogger Kathy in DC, at 12:01 PM  

  • What a great little model! Both the sweater and the mitts look great!

    By Blogger Ilix, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home