Zimmermania

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

more Christmas fiddle faddle

I need some Christmas decorations and looked to EZ for some inspiration. After sorting my bits of yarn into piles by gauge, I set to work on a star. It was a very quick knit and a fun way to use up extra yarn. I used a #6 needle and some bits of Classic Elite Skye Tweed, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed and a wee bit of Frog Tree Alpaca.
I'll probably make some more. This was so fast and simple, a perfect introduction to Elizabeth Zimmerman.

2 Comments:

  • Lovely! Thanks for the inspiration .. our tree could use some help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

  • hi there,

    i know i am way late to the party on this one, but, i am working (or trying to work on) the star fiddle faddle, but can't get the math to work out for me! i've been following the pattern: cast on 55 but i have 5 extra stitches for the first row, but if i only cast on 50 i am short for row 2...

    grr.

    any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

    thanks,
    kate

    By Blogger kmdegroot, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home