Zimmermania

Friday, December 28, 2007

In the pink...

I've been knitting for more years than I care to admit, and I don't know how it could have taken me until this past year to discover Elizabeth Zimmerman. Thanks to the internet, to knitting friends, to EZ's delightful books and not least to all of the wonderful knitters who have contributed to this blog, I have become a dedicated Zimmermaniac.

Here's a recent project, knitted for the new little daughter of some dear young friends. As I have five sons and one grandson of my own, it was a real pleasure to work on something pink for a change!

This is, of course, the legendary February sweater; the matching hat was unvented by me, and the booties are Saartje's. (For more technical information, visit me - Woolsery - over at Ravelry.)

3 Comments:

  • don't those boots just cry out to be knitted to go with the february sweater. I made a pink cardigan just like this one...love the hat too!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 1:12 AM  

  • Absolutely beautiful work. Your friends will treasure this gift always!

    By Blogger June, at 5:26 PM  

  • Beautiful! Fabulous job! That is one lucky baby girl!

    By Blogger Suzie, at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home