Zimmermania

Monday, November 05, 2007

EZ Spruce mittens



In Knitting Around, Elizabeth wrote a chapter called "A Mittful of Mittens". This Winter Spruce pattern was one of which Elizabeth wasn't really fond, but Meg loved! I really enjoyed making these mittens and the afterthought thumb worked fantabulously!
I used size 8 dpn's and Lion Brand Alpaka yarn...almost one skein of white and a little over one skein of brown. I understand the yarn has been discontinued...too bad, it's a nice yarn.
Glad these are finished since we have a goodly chance of snow in SW PA throughout the rest of this week!
I had shown 1 1/3 mittens earlier...see, I really did finish them!
Nancy
http://fibernating.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

  • they are adorable. lovely colours.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:12 PM  

  • Thanks! I never used to be a mitten person, but these may change my habits! I have a feeling they'll keep my hands warm while shoveling snow!

    By Blogger Nancy, at 6:55 PM  

  • They look so soft, and I like the colors. Great job!

    By Blogger Monika, at 4:17 AM  

  • I love the look of the Spruce Mittens. I must try them.

    By Blogger Ali P, at 2:43 PM  

  • fantastic knitting! I will be visiting your blog!

    By Blogger Ilix, at 3:06 PM  

  • Very nice. Afterthought thumb sounds interesting, I will have to look that up.

    By Blogger puppydogknits, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home