Zimmermania

Monday, November 05, 2007

bluebert


blue tomten
Originally uploaded by knititch
this is a tomten for albert in beaverslide big blue sky hence the name bluebert. it is made from 3,5 skeins on needles no. 5. mm. i have added an i-cord edging and i didn't cast off for the underarm sleeves but knit them together with the sleeve stitches. this gives a beautiful clean seam. this is my fourth tomten and i am sure there will be more. it needs a zipper which i hope my friend will help me with. i am no seamstress at all.
i highly recommend the beaverslide yarn. it is soft when you knit and softens up when wetblocking. and it comes in a whole array of beautiful colours with romantic names that remind me of reading the little house on the prairie, as a child.

2 Comments:

  • You are amazing , as always. I must learn to finish my projects the way you do. I always seem to get distracted. That is a gorgeous tomten; I love the color!

    By Blogger MoMo, at 5:37 PM  

  • I love this. And next time I want to try the I-Cord border too. It makes such a neat finish.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home