Zimmermania

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

between knittings



ever since ms. zimmermann came to my knowledge i have been wanting to knit this specific hat known as the three-spiral hat, the dairy queen or the snail hat (as you all may well know). the grey is knit from one skein of adriafil: diamond that doesn't really show the hat at it's best although i love the yarn.

the cream one is made from one skein of bulky lopi.

when i went out to do the shoot of the two hats i saw these flower pots cut in almost the exact same shape as the hats.

yesterday, after finishing the grey hat, my old friend with greyish dreadlocks paid me a visit. today i though he had dropped a dread. thankfully it was just a scrap of yarn.

i love the hat and it is a really fast knit. elizabeth says it is only good when made of sheepsdown but i think sheepsdown and lopi must share some traits. the lopi makes for a nice sculptural hat as well.

oh how that elizabeth's book has cost me time and money. since last year i have knitted: 3 hybrids, 3 fairisles, 1 raglan, two norgi pullovers, 3 february sweaters, 3 ganomies, 3 watchcaps, 4 tomtens, 5 bsjs, 2 pillboxes, 2 fast caps. mind you some of it in childrens sizes but i feel happy to have been struck by such inspiration and getting directions to make my own designs, as i am sure everybody here do.



happy knitting.

4 Comments:

  • Nice! I've been wanting to knit them as well, how do they fit?

    By Blogger Abril, at 4:23 PM  

  • I like the nickname "dairy queen hat". So funny and descriptive.

    By Blogger puppydogknits, at 6:39 PM  

  • The 3-spiral hat is on my to-do list right now - I bought some Cascade Eco today to try it, in black. Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Windansea, at 9:22 PM  

  • I am trying this hat in sheeps down and it is not coming out right at all. Do you have nay hints?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home