Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 30, 2007






Thank you for inviting me to join this blog. I can't believe it took me so many years of knitting before I discovered EZ. Last week, I finished this tomten sweater for my five-year-old son. He loves it and it was very fun to knit. There some things I would do differently next time (see more details on my blog). I knit this in Classic Elite Montera Inca Grey with Fieldstone Heather for the edging.




I knit the Maltese Fisherman's Hat from Knitters Almanac in 2 days - another fun, quick knit. I used a strand of Montera and a strand of dk merino from my stash.I'm currently working on a seamless raglan for myself, with added shaping, but I'm not quite sure how it will turn out.




Jenny

4 Comments:

  • Hi Jenny, great job on each project! Your little guy does look happy with his jacket. :O) What size did the hat turn out to be? I've got this on my list to make, and was going to start last evening but didn't know what size it is meant to be. Is it an adult size hat? samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • I love the hats, but the Tomten is a clear favourite. Great colours!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 AM  

  • The hat will be a good fit for a one-year-old. The guage is about 4 st/in. I think if you work to EZ's guage, you would come out with a nice sized adult hat.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 11:23 AM  

  • That's a great Tomten, and it looks very good on him, great colour.

    Jan

    By Blogger Knitsmith, at 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home