Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My First BSJ

I finished my first Baby Surprise Jacket. Fun, fun pattern, and really easy too. I was a little nervous about starting it, because I'd seen all kinds of cheat sheets and references to knitters using spread sheets to help them keep their place in EZ's instructions. Bah! Totally not necessary, IMO. It's pretty straightforward, really.

My increases did travel a bit on one side at one point, but otherwise it was smooth sailing. I used US size 4 needles and some scraps of sport weight acrylic I keep on hand for charity stuff. I plan to donate this to the local hospital. Now that I know I love the pattern, I'll have to find some scrumptious yarn to make one for T (and figure out how to size it for a toddler . . .). Maybe Peace Fleece on size 7 or 8 needles? Although something softer and maybe superwash would be nice . . .

And, of course, some pics:





crossposted (more or less) on my blog

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • It's so cute. I really like the color stripes! I have yet to try this, but it may be next!

    By Blogger Rani, at 11:09 AM  

  • This is one of my favorite patterns...I might change my mind once I knit my first BSJ ;-)

    By Blogger Abril, at 1:18 PM  

  • Very nice! I really like the white as the main color.

    By Blogger Oiyi, at 8:52 AM  

  • Sweet little sweater. I really want to make one for my granddaughter. She is about 1 and 1/2 years old. The pattern confuses me as to what size needles to use fot this size. Can you help?

    By Blogger Kathy, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home