Zimmermania

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Finished EZ Seamless Yoke Sweater!

This is an Elizabeth Zimmerman style seamless yoke sweater, made to my gauge and shape according to directions found in “Knitting Without Tears” (if memory serves me right, the key number was 230 and the circumference was 46").


OK, so that's a weird face I'm making, but the best view of the sweater.

The pattern is from the Moorish Patterned Pullover from the Winter 2003 Interweave Knits - it’s the border pattern. I used less than one skein of the teal and the light green, and about five of the charcoal - all Cascade 220. Knit on US7s.

The entire sweater blocking.
Please excuse my rumpled sheets.

It has waist shaping and a little bit of bust shaping in the form of short rows. The sleeves and the bottom are hemmed, have a picot edge, and a contrasting color on the non-public side.

Cascade Yoke

Hem detail!

The collar is 1×1 rib on US4 needles (the rest of the sweater was knit on US7s), with some extra shaping at the back, according to EZ’s directions. The sleeves are three quarter, because I am always hot and because it was faster.

I started planning this sweater on Sept 21 - I starting knitting it the moment the yarn arrived, around the end of Septemeber. So a little more than two weeks to a sweater! That’s absolutely my fastest sweater ever. I really, really wanted to get this done to wear at Rhinebeck this past weekend, so I made it my primary knitting project, and gave it three quarter sleeves, so it would knit up faster.

My single regret: I’ve lost a bit of weight over the past month, and I wish I had made it about two inches smaller around. It fits me really well know, with about an inch of ease. A little bit of negative ease wouldn’t have killed me, the sweater would still fit well, and I’d be able to wear it longer, as my weight continues to drop Oh, well.

But it was so much fun to pick out the yarn and the pattern for the yoke, and have my own custom sweater! I'm still amazed at how well it fits me. I want to make piles and piles of them and use them as the basis for my wardrobe.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Jessie of Green Moon Knits

10 Comments:

  • This looks beautiful! And if you want a smaller size, you know it won't take long to knit it! :)

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:56 PM  

  • Hey, love the sweater! I'm impressed :) Thx for leaving the comment on my blog. Happy DOT (although I couldn't find your dog) :?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:04 PM  

  • Very beautiful!

    By Blogger Herdis, at 8:14 PM  

  • That turned out so pretty AND if fits you wonderfully! Thank you for posting, it's inspiring to me.

    By Blogger lark8girl, at 7:49 AM  

  • The sweater looks great. I think a loose sweater looks great on people so you may find out you can wear it longer then you thinks.

    By Blogger knitbysue, at 9:22 AM  

  • I love it! It fits you nicely.

    By Blogger Abril, at 1:23 PM  

  • Great sweater!

    By Blogger leandra, at 1:52 PM  

  • Gorgeous sweater. I love the 3/4 sleeves and the picot hem.

    Lydia

    By Blogger Lydia, at 5:03 PM  

  • Great edge detailing, those little touches really raise it from ready-to-wear into the Perfect to Wear. You may find as you continue to lose weight, that it will hang more sleekly with even a light winter layer under it, making it more useful than you thought.

    By Blogger Elysbeth, at 7:02 AM  

  • Very beautiful sweater, and I love the picot hem.

    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home