Zimmermania

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cobblestone Pullover

I finaly finished the "Cobblestone Pullover" from Jared Flood, a great Elizabeth Zimmermann fan.


pattern: "Cobblestone Pullover" from Jared Flood, Interweave Knits Fall 07
yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed, SH147 dragon, little bit more than 9 skeins
needlesize: 4mm
size: 48", I knit the largest size to get this, since Felted Tweed is thinner than yarn used in the pattern
modifications: added 6 rows to neck edging
for: my husband


I was looking forward to post this pic since I started knitting. Cobblestone on cobblestone. I know, I´m easy to entertain. But best was the face of the workers of the house opposite of ours, seeing a lady running of her house to flash a sweater on the street!


Cobblestone Pullover


Cobblestone Pullover Detail

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • it is gorgeous leandra. and a clever choice of yarn too.

    By Blogger knititch, at 7:32 AM  

  • oh it is a lovely jumper, i am about to start it in Peace Fleece, love the way you photographed it on the 'cobblestones'!!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 11:03 AM  

  • It's beautiful, I love the colour.
    My house is called Cobblestones (not a cobblestone in sight!) and I would love to knit it if only for the name!

    By Blogger Cybèle, at 12:47 PM  

  • It looks wonderful! I'm still yarn shopping for my husband's cobblestone. The felted tweed is a great idea.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:59 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater. And can it be, an EZ pattern I don't yet own! Off to shop... :)

    Jen

    By Blogger YetAgainJen, at 5:32 AM  

  • I admired this pattern when I first saw it in the magazine.
    I have a question.
    When the wearer lifts their arms, does the entire yoke lift with them?
    I ask because this was my experience some years ago, with a Fair Isle Yoke sweater.

    By Blogger Judith, at 9:44 AM  

  • an interesting question? I have cast this on and am interested in any replies??

    By Blogger picperfic, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home