Zimmermania

Sunday, September 23, 2007

On My Way to K

I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been visitng this blog or a long time. I recently finished my first BSJ and the photos are on another computer. Maybe tomorrow I can get that up, but I am at my daughter's with her new baby. While here, today in fact, I will start another BSJ. The first was for another baby, but this baby, Ian, does not have one yet. I did knit him other things though.


I think I must have taken a step into becoming a knitter with a capital K. I have knit or years, and for the last two years, I knit daily. Nonetheless, I can see lately that I have begun to look at knitting in a different way. Whereas before, I skimmed over EZ's offerings, now I read and read and want to understand. After one BSJ, I can't wait to make another, although I frogged the first one three or four times. Then, I got a different yarn, and I knit along happily. But more than that, I have started knitting lace successfully. I can't explain what has happened except that I have taken another advancing step, not that I was not willing before. It just happened without anymore effort than knitting.

One day, a capital K will appear.

4 Comments:

  • Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden you begin to expand and push yourself to try harder and harder things?!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 3:39 AM  

  • I think it was my first pair of socks that brought me to my first real Knit moment. Congratulations on reaching a new knitting Zen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM  

  • I'm really glad for you. Knitting daily keeps me focused and of course, teaches me what is really important in life.
    Ron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

  • I remember the day the capital "K" popped up -- I was reading a pattern I was considering, and realized that the attractive sweather would be even better if I knit it seamlessly, and that I could easily convert the pattern.

    And I've never looked back at being a knitter (instead of a Knitter) with regret. That's not quite true, I regret it every time we pass a yarn store and don't have time to stop. . .

    By Blogger Rebecca Z., at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home