Zimmermania

Thursday, September 13, 2007

New member -- Hello!




I have two EZ items for my first post. The first is a Seamless Yoke Sweater I made for my youngest granddaughter. Her favorite color is red so I accommodate her. :D I was amazed at how EZ the sweater came together. I had my first experience with steeks. It came out well--with some fiddling because I used a wool blend yarn. All in all, just delightful.









My second entry is EZ's Baby Surplice Jacket. What a quick knit! I used gray and white in line with EZ's suggestion of using neutrals for babies. The jury is still out on this one for me. Still, it's such a nice sweater that I know I will use it over and over again. I used I-cord all the way around the front edge. This picture shows white I-cord. After about four tries (I know why it is called idiot cord now) I decided to use gray.



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I'm not sure either about the grey colours on a baby, but maybe it depends on the baby? Beautiful work nonetheless :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • This sweater is beautiful and i think a baby would look wonderful in it. I like babies to have a least one nutral sweater so it doesn't clash with the baby has on.

    sweet

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home