Zimmermania

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fade To Grey




Baby leggins and february baby jacket from Knitter´s Almanac in grey. The gull pattern gave me a hard time at first and it took me ages to finish, so I tried the baby jacket in stockinette in dark grey with white stripes. The wool was a bargain at ebay. The light grey is new wool by Schachenmayr Nomotta, knit on 4mm/ US #6, the dark is merino ( the needles I used didn´t have a number on them, but the jacket came out much smaller, which pleased me).
Dull grey seems to be my favourite colour this summer, hope the small people who will wear these garments don´t mind !

9 Comments:

  • wow great pants, I where did you find the patter? I'd love to make some for my son. cheers, lg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

  • this is some stylish and cute versions and i certainly don't mind the colour. on the contrary.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:23 PM  

  • thanks! pants are from knitter´s almanac, too. an easy knit!

    By Blogger meyer, at 2:34 AM  

  • those are all adorable. I love neutral colors on babies. what pattern is the striped cardi??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM  

  • Both iterations of thre sweater are terrific -- and inspiring. Love the stripes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 AM  

  • So pretty! I wouldn't have thought to use gray in baby clothing but it looks wonderful. A whole new inspiration for me, so thanks!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 10:58 AM  

  • Wow! I admire that!! Very pretty!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:46 PM  

  • Hi Annie:
    Can you tell me how you did the shaping for the hip increases? I'm stuck on this point myself - the pattern suggests that you mark the center 3 stitches in the front and back, then increase 1 st. on either side of the marked stitches every 3rd round. If so, it seems to me that you're increasing 4 st/3rd round, and I don't see how you can go from 84 -> 126 stitches in increments of 4. Yours turned out so great, that I hope you can help me out. TIA!

    By Blogger wrieder, at 4:53 PM  

  • hi wrieder, I left a comment on your post. good luck with the hipshaping!
    hi anonymous questioner, the striped cardigan is the february baby jacket, too, worked with ribbing on cuffs, otherwise in stockinette. arms are worked in rounds.

    By Blogger meyer, at 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home