Zimmermania

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Alpaca February Baby Sweater



Hi Folks,
At last I have got around to posting my February Baby Sweater knit for my 20 month old daughter. It's made up of Blue Sky Alpaca Sportweight leftovers from a couple of other projects, knit on a 4.5mm needle to be loose, - more details on my blog www.didyoumakeityourself.com - didn't have a clue what size it would turn out but new that she would grow into it sooner or later! I did the yolk in stocking stitch because I'm not the biggest fan of garter, and I left out the buttonholes because I imagined it pinned with something sparkly and or big. As you can see there is ample room in it, Betsy has worn it a couple of times pinned over with a brooch and I guess it might last her a couple of years because it's loose and easy going on the size and fasten front. Must do one for myself next.
Sarah

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Not sure if the sweater is cuter or your daughter posing in the sweater! I have one on the needles for a friend who is due in November...

    By Blogger sunneshine, at 6:02 PM  

  • You did such a great job! Plus, I love that you're using a brooch for the fastener. Your daughter looks adorable in the sweater.....but I'm sure she looks adorable in anything.

    By Blogger M, at 7:39 AM  

  • Awwww...both child & sweater are very cute!! Think I will do this sweater next. Thanks for posting the picture!

    By Blogger June, at 12:37 PM  

  • Love the sweater and gorgeous girl. I love that you did what YOU wanted with it. It is good to make sweaters large, otherwise they grow out of them so fast you can't keep up with them.

    By Blogger yarnmaniac, at 7:58 PM  

  • Wow -- this is my favorite interpretation of this sweater -- simply gorgeous! I'm inspired to knit another one for my 17 month old who has just grown out of the infant one I knit him.

    By Blogger Megan, at 2:44 PM  

  • oh thank you for those gorgeous photos...Betsy is a cutie and I love her name too! I will have to try making one of these on larger needles, I love the drape it's got in your version! Gorgeous!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home