Zimmermania

Thursday, August 16, 2007

My first TomTen.

Worked in a Cheviot and silk blend handspun, using 150g for the main and a co-ordinating Shetland wool yarn for the trim. The yarn is a DK, giving a gauge of 20sts to 10cm/4".

Instead of adding a zip, I crocheted a button band in DC (US - SC) and added buttonholes using the same principle that EZ employs in the BSJ.

It measures just short of 50.5cm/20" around the chest when closed, so should be perfect for a Baba's first winter (due date next march)

More information and more photos can be found here.

I like the pattern, and it was an ideal knit for me whilst having a break from other work, but I think I prefer the BSJ.... infact, there's another BSJ finished and blocking right now...

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • That's lovely! One of the prettiest I've seen. I love the light variegation. Great work (and congrats on the Baba too!).

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:10 PM  

  • I'm such a sucker for the lovely shades of green. I think it will be a treasured hand knit treat. Well done!

    By Blogger Sarah A., at 12:50 PM  

  • i love tomten in general and your's in particular and the baby will be admired. this is my experience as a knitter of 3 tomtens.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:53 PM  

  • Lovely colors. Tomten is on my "to do" list. Yours is quite nice.

    By Blogger Carla, at 1:56 PM  

  • Wow, it's quite beautiful.

    By Blogger Zel, The Grimm Witch, at 5:29 PM  

  • What a beautiful Tomten. The fat crochet edging is perfect too. I must try this pattern in a dk weight sometime.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

  • Gorgeous - I love it in green! Very nice handspun indeed.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home