Zimmermania

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Infant Tomten in Use



Here is our one-month old granddaughter modeling her pink cotton tomten. I was surprised at how well it fit her (at 11 pounds) and also how much stretch there is for room to grow.

I found out I put the top button way too high (see second picture -- it's level with her mouth, on the right). I forgot babies don't have necks! So I just snipped that button off, and since I used I-cord hidden buttonholds, no harm done.

Also, I should have either made smaller buttonholes or used bigger buttons. (See how the buttons have worked loose in the second picture.) It will be easy to fix with a stitch or two to shorten the buttonholes, but we live 1000 miles away so our daughter will have to do it!

(Her legs aren't really blue -- not sure why the color turned out that way.)

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Sorry -- the pictures got reversed somehow. The lower one should have been the top one.

    By Blogger ejmh, at 6:14 AM  

  • What a cutie! I'm sure the lucky little girl will enjoy it. Congratulations to you and your daughter!

    By Blogger eudyptula, at 8:09 AM  

  • Beautiful baby girl! And the tomten is so sweet on her. Great job! samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  

  • Cute sweater on a beautiful baby! Congrats!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 8:42 AM  

  • How cute! Both the baby and the Tomten. What size yarn did you use to make this tiny one?

    By Blogger Carla, at 5:24 AM  

  • The yarn was Dalegarn "Stork," 100% cotton - 4 balls, 195 yds/ball.
    Needles were size 3 circular, Addi. (I started out with size 2 but felt the result wasn't "flexible" enough. I'm glad I changed.)

    By Blogger ejmh, at 7:19 AM  

  • She is cute as a button in her little tomten! I love it.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 8:16 AM  

  • concratulation to both - the loveley grandchild and the beautiful jacket!

    By Blogger ulli, at 8:08 PM  

  • is there anyway that you can share the infants modifications plse.

    By Blogger dianelouw, at 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home