Zimmermania

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby Surplice Jacket





I've finally gotten around to knitting an EZ baby jacket! This is the Baby Surplice Jacket from Spun Out #43.


Because I hadn't made this jacket before and I just wanted to test out the pattern, I used some cheapie acrylic yarn. I hope EZ would understand. Now that I've got the concept down, I may make another one in some hand dyed variegated wool I have. I may whip up some matching booties and a hat to go with this one to make a nice gift set for the many expecting mommies I know.


The only thing I'm concerned about with this jacket is does it actually "grow" with the baby? Because I used buttons on both sides for closure (instead of a button on one side and an icord belt on the other) I'm guessing one button will have to be moved to change the size of the jacket. I also wonder if the phoney side seams will look funny as you change the size of the jacket. Has anyone else made this jacket? Can you give me some tips?


You can get more info and see more pictures at my blog KnitAddictions.

1 Comments:

  • wow, great jacket and great photo!! Amazing how small baby clothes are. And you have beautiful Hastas!!

    By Blogger sunneshine, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home