Zimmermania

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My February Sweater

I've really enjoyed looking at all your projects here, especially the February sweaters. Here's mine, my first EZ project. It was done in Schaeffer Lola, using all of one four-ounce skein. I got 5 stitches per inch.

IMG_1452

This shows all the yarn I had left: just 31 inches. If I'd had more I'd have done another couple rows of garter stitch on the bottom, but I think it's fine this way too.

IMG_1455

When I make this again someday, I'll start the buttons at the top (and buy a second skein, just in case!).

I'll try to get a picture of the recipient in the sweater this week, though I'm not quite sure of the sizing so I don't know whether it'll fit. I imagine it's about a one year old size, and the baby is six months, but I could be off.

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

5 Comments:

  • it is indeed very cute. i had the same wool drama when i knitted a feb sweater. had bought 4 balls of yarn and forgotten one at my friends' house. unfortunately the cats had made a mingled mess out of it and hence they had thrown it away. but everything turned out well in the end.
    the feb sweaters i have knitted has been worn almost every day by my great niece. the mother is mad about it, i guess because of the fit. and the gauge was exactly the same as yours. she'll be one in august and started wearing it in april and it still fits.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:49 PM  

  • What a lovely February Sweater. It's a beauty! Lucky baby!

    By Blogger kathy in Juneau, at 8:02 PM  

  • I love the yarn choice, and the sweater turned out beautifully. I recently finished my first (photo soon!I need to find some buttons first) out of some old acrylic in the stash, and it is still a lovely little sweater. I plan on making a few of them to have ready for gifts. IT's a quick knit, classic design, great fit, and works well with many different yarn choices.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

  • Oh, the color is wonderful! I love those blues. Darn it, Zimmermania is turning out to be hard on the ovaries. All these precious baby knits are making me want a little one of my own to knit for.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:42 AM  

  • Thank you all so much for your kind compliments. Now to find more babies to knit for! (I'm done making my own, you see...)

    There are a couple more pics and details on my website if you're interested.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home