Zimmermania

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket--My First

Here's my first BSJ. It is made from the new Cotton Ease. There are things about it that I'm not entirely pleased with. The bottom corners are not as smooth as I would like. I think the next one will feature decreases and increases done the alternate way that is shown on the DVD. I am going to use a provisional cast on for the sleeves instead of picking up stitches to make them longer. However, it does look very cute on the baby. Sorry--no picture of that. The pattern is great fun, and I think it will be even more fun when I'm not so puzzled by it. Although I have Knitting Workshop, I used directions from the leaflet from Schoolhouse Press augmented by the DVD and hints from Knitwiki. Now I just need to do a Tomten.


3 Comments:

  • Very nice! All the color changes look really cute.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:04 PM  

  • It looks good, very colourful! Is it heavy at all?

    By Blogger picperfic, at 12:36 AM  

  • Yes, it is fairly heavy. For our climate, it will really be more of a jacket than a sweater. Both of the babies (I have to make another.) will be out in the early mornings though, and that can be really cold here in the wintertime.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home