Zimmermania

Friday, June 15, 2007

Knitted Garter Stitch Blanket

Hi Zimmermaniacs!

Garter Stitch Blanket Finished

Pattern: Knitted Garter Stitch Blanket from The Opinionated Knitter.
Yarn: Scraps! I used up odd balls that were leftover from other projects. The yarn is mostly wool, with some wool blends here and there, and mostly worsted weight held double. I began this project by separating the scraps into two piles - blues/greens/purples in one pile, pinks/browns/yellows in the other. Then I knit two sections with the "blues" and the other two sections with the "pinks." Other than that initial organization, I randomly chose the color sequence with the help of my five-year-old.
Needles: US 15, straight.
Finished Size: 68" by 42" - It's big!
Start: June 4, 2007
Finish: June 13, 2007
A very quick knit for something so very large.

A few more pictures are over at my blog.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I LOVE it!

    By Blogger Monika, at 8:57 AM  

  • Great blanket, I saw at on your blog, it is very nice!

    By Blogger Goce, at 11:29 AM  

  • That's a beautiful blanket!! I must find the OKnitter to see how it's constructed. I have a large stash that could make one or two! I know you'll enjoy it a huge lot. :O) samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

  • Very cool. Tikkupeitto would be proud.

    By Blogger becky c., at 5:47 PM  

  • lovely blanket. and useful for years to come. and the process must have been making you feel like a little artist.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:52 AM  

  • I love it. I've wanted to make that pattern, but never had enough yarn to really make it. But seeing your version makes me realize I can do scraps!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:03 AM  

  • I LOVE it, too! Beautiful!

    By Blogger kate, at 9:32 PM  

  • it's gorgeous mandy!

    By Blogger JenniferB, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home