Zimmermania

Monday, June 18, 2007

Baby Surprise

Quick Intro
Hello, I'm Sara. I taught myself to knit over 20 years ago, but only got serious with it about 4 years ago. At that time, I pretty much snapped up any book that vaguely resembled a how-to book. Most of them turned out to be EZ's. (KWT, Knitters Almanac, Knitting Around and Knitting Workshop.) Now, I'm finally diving into them in earnest. I started my first ever EZ project yesterday: The Baby Surprise Jacket (as found in Knitting Workshop.) You may read about my adventures here.

I had jury duty today and had my knitting taken up (yes, I was dumb enough to try...and yes, it was returned at the end of the day). Without my needles I discovered that it is just as fun to read EZ for pleasure as it is for obtaining info. (I was allowed to keep the book)

3 Comments:

  • EZ's books are, to me, like sitting having a chat with her. I love them, just for the reading! And then there are the hints and ideas and patterns! What are you making your BSJ with? I still haven't done one, but I have a pile of Galway wool in various colours that's itching to be knit into one. :O) Happy EZing! samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

  • I'm using Encore Colorspun. The colorway is called candy somthingorother, but it actually is working itself into rainbow stripes. Way cool. I've got pics on my blog.

    By Blogger sara, at 8:23 PM  

  • i agree with you. those books are knitting literature as well as plain literature or poetry on matrimony, bringing up children and you name it. will check your blog.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home