Zimmermania

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Newbie here

Hi girls and thanks for letting me join your group. I am a Scottish crafts person returning to knitting after many years. I was recently introduced to EZ for the very first time and am excited and amazed by her knowledge and techniques. Sadly for me I came back to knitting with a bit of a closed mind. I know how to knit, I have nothing to learn. Oh, dear...how about a bit of humility for a start?

EZ has already taught me that with her surprise baby garter stitch jacket. Knit it on circs? Why should I? (oh dear!). I knit it on straights. (oh double dear!). I went for the stripy version straight off the bat (oh treble dear!).

Much puzzling out and frogging later, I'm about half way through. I've changed to circs and now make sure I READ the instructions very carefully. No guessing allowed. It will be a great help to me to have knowledgeable people here to compare notes with because - guess what? I suddenly realised I don't know everything! Well that's progress I guess.

4 Comments:

  • Girlfriend, you sound just like me. Knitting has taught me humility, for sure! I'm sure it's going to turn out lovely, though!

    Ang

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 AM  

  • I hear so many people( friends included) that say, "I hate knitting!" and I ask when they last knit and what. The answer is always decades ago when they were teenagers and they tried a scarf( and I'm sure it was scratchy acrylic). Suffice it to say that the world of knitting has changed drastically since then and it does take an open mind and a humble person to at least try once again. I'm glad you did. Looking forward to seeing your finished sweater!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 AM  

  • Another thing you learned!!! Many of us here are not "girls".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

  • I do apologise anonymous. I have no excuse. My all time favourite knitting blog and the man who turned me onto EZ in the first place was Franklin Habit. He's lots of lovley things but a girl, he ain't! So sorry.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home