Zimmermania

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saddle Shoulder Sweater

Saddle Shoulder Sweater from Knitting Without Tears
Mission Falls 1824 Wool - Denim and Putty and Cascade 220 Superwash - Red - for hems
Actual knitting time - 9 days! (the finishing took a bit longer)

I loved knitting this sweater.

I actually had to reknit the sweater after finishing the arms and getting a couple of inches into the body. The yarn I had in stash was from before Mission Falls closed and reopened, and I started to panic that I wouldn’t have enough to finish the sweater, with no way of getting another skein in the same dye lot. If I had been knitting a yoked sweater I could have added color into the yoke with no problem, but it would have looked very strange on the saddle shoulder. I picked up the putty yarn at a LYS and added some stripes to the body and arms. I’m glad I did as it would have been very close and I don’t think my heart could have taken it. Then again if I had knit the body of the sweater a little shorter, I prolly would have been okay, but I like the longer length. I did have to fudge a bit on the shoulder/neck decreases since I wanted a larger opening for his pun’kin head.

All in all, I would knit another EZ sweater in a second, loved the whole process, even with the ripping and the grafting.

You can see more pics on my blog.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Very dapper indeed!
    Could you elaborate a bit on your neck fudging? My kid has a huge head and I'm never sure what to do about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • Lovely. He sure looks happy in it.

    By Blogger touran, at 4:53 PM  

  • Beautiful work - what a cute boy!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home