Zimmermania

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jack's Aran

Here I am at Stitches Camp, and talking about this amazing blog to folks, and I suddenly remembered I never posted about my very most favorite Zimmerman-inspired sweater. Sheesh.

It's my huband's Aran, (I'm going to figure out how to post pics properly pretty soon, I swear.)and I used EZ's formula for making a circular sweater to figure out the stitch count for the whole thing. And I inherited the guts to steek from her, of course. And learned which wool to use, of course. The whole thing inspired by her, but especially the courage to understand I could just go for it, and it would all be okay.

It's my first adult sweater. And I actually miss knitting it, the yarn is so yummy. British Breeds in Manx.

Camp has brought me some new yarn (big surprise), and I'm casting on tonight for those twin babies. Very excited about that...

4 Comments:

  • I just looked at the picture on your blog. Beautiful sweater. Well done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • That is the most handsome sweater! Perfect color and fit. No one but an Elizabeth Zimmerman fan would think to take on such a project as their first adult sweeater-- that is inspiring. Thank you for sharing it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 AM  

  • That is simply gorgeous. I hope you're proud of yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • This is your first adult sweater??
    How gorgeous !!

    You should be very very proud of yourself!

    LOVE the wool,,,,, the pattern,,, it's ALL wonderful!

    By Blogger luv2knit, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home