Zimmermania

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Corrected baby sweater

Well, the news that we are expecting a girl led to some yarn-buying, and I already had a girly pattern in the wings: the February baby sweater . The yarn is Rowan Cashsoft DK, a lovely soft washable yarn which I am hoping will not fuzz up too much with use (?). I'm also making a hat using the gull pattern to go along with it. I'm knitting this on #2s.


However, after finishing the sweater, I realized I'd misinterpreted the pattern in the same way that many others have, and cast on too many stitches at the underarm, making the body of the sweater oddly wide and squat-looking. So, I went back and redid the bottom from the arms down, no big deal.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Beautiful. The booties are really sweet. What pattern are they?

    Celia

    By Blogger Ceels, at 12:26 AM  

  • AWWWWW - you'll have the best-dressed baby around :)

    By Blogger Kivy, at 5:11 AM  

  • WOW Your set is beautiful. I love it all. The booties are so precious and so feminine and go with the sweater and hat nicely. Do you mind sharing what pattern you used for the little mary jane booties. I love it. Great Work

    By Blogger knitnut, at 7:09 AM  

  • Well, babies are sort of oddly wide and squat looking anyway, right? :) Congratulations on your pregnancy and your daughter's beautiful mama-made knits.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 12:57 PM  

  • aren't the booties a debbie bliss pattern from the first cashmerino book??? they are soo cute. but so is the lovely little february set.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:36 PM  

  • Your baby sweater turned out beautifully. Congratulations on the baby girl! She will look so sweet in the sweater.

    By Blogger karenthecomputerwife, at 8:09 AM  

  • I'm on #2 now and I did the right # of stitches but mine is still uber-wide. I'm having to rip just like you did. It's worth it, though. Look at yours. It's so sweet. And I love the accessories. :)

    By Blogger carlita dee, at 9:44 PM  

  • Beautiful set. Really cute booties too!

    By Blogger Violiknit, at 8:40 AM  

  • It's so cute that I want to make it myself. hihi. I was just wondering how many balls of Cashsoft DK did you use?

    Thanks :D

    By Blogger Suhail, at 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home