Zimmermania

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Baby leggings


baby leggings
Originally uploaded by the_crocheter.


I'm finished! This pattern is from E. Zimmermann's "Knitter's Almamac." I used Clover US 8 (5 mm) needles : one 16" circular and 5 dpn. Yarn is knit Picks Swish Superwash (100% wool). I started on April 3, finished yesterday. (I was knitting it on and off, not every day)

I'm very pleased with the results, especially with seams.

DSCN2751
Originally uploaded by the_crocheter.

You know that seams shows if you are advanced knitter or just playing with yarn.

But the really pleasing thing was my husband's reaction. First he said "good", which in his jargon means "exellent." Then he thought a little bit and asked "Did you buy it?" "I knitted it" (Like he has never seen me knitting it--that's how he's paying attention to what I'm doing.)


The only confusing thing was what will be the size of baby leggings. EZ writes that "you shouldn't worry about it bacause babies comes in all sizes." Well, what if I want a particular size? It wasn't my case, though because there is no baby yet. I intended to use it for this fall and winter--we'll see how it will fit! When the baby will outgrow it, I'll be able to make leggings in larger sizes.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • Those are really cute! And your husband sounds like he speaks my husband's language. :-) How do you like the swish? What common brand might you compare it to? Cascade? Patons? I still haven't ordered any because I've seen no reviews of it.
    Great work on the leggings!

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 2:01 PM  

  • Oh those are wonderful. And I'm jealous. I want those leggings for me!

    By Blogger knittingjuju, at 8:17 PM  

  • they are certainly cute. well what one can do is to find out what different sizes babies measure. there is a webpage that deals with standard sizes. then you can make it a certain size using the correct gauge. in the opinionated knitter there are plenty of pictures of children wearing these cute things. those children look like they are 9 months old or something.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:29 AM  

  • ooh, these are so cute! i love the color! i have knitted quite a few of these for my dd, now 2 and a half. i started when she was about one. first, i did the footed ones, then a pair in alpaca/llama (they wore out fast, but were very soft:-) and finally a thick pair (no feet) out of some local mill's wool.

    i find they turn out long in the crotch part, despite using cloth dipes, but i just yank them up on her and use them again next year!

    good job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

  • I love the leggings, in fact I want to do leggings and a matching Totem jacket w/hood (for the winter weather),as a gift for a baby that is due in May.

    Right now I am knitting a BSJ( my very first one!)

    By Blogger luv2knit, at 5:49 PM  

  • Oh, adorable! Yet another thing to add to my "must knit for baby" list!

    By Blogger Tipper, at 4:54 AM  

  • Great work! Too bad it is so summery here now, and that my baby is too big to wear such leggings now. I would like to try to make those, just for the fun!

    By Blogger Filambulle, at 7:20 AM  

  • Fantastic! I came to your blog while searching for images of baby leggings. I started St. Elizabeth's leggings for a friend's 5 month old, and 84 sts at the 5 st gauge seemed tiny! I don't know, as I don't have kids. The leggings are a surprise, so I don't want to measure the baby, and I want to make a 1 year old size. I have increased the c.o. to 112 sts. I hope they come out as beautiful as yours; pray for me.:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

  • Did you ever figure out what size baby they were for?

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home