Zimmermania

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Second Baby Surprise Jacket done!



They are addictive! This one was done using Lion Brand Baby Soft (another acrylic... gasp!!) in cream color on size 7 Knit Picks options needles at a gauge of 5 stitches per inch. Now that it's done, I wish I'd have gone down at least one needle size.

It measures 20.5" around the chest when buttoned and took well under one ball of the yarn (each ball is over 400 yds!!) so I'm working on booties to match.



This is a really boring color!! If it weren't for a family who isn't finding out the gender of the baby ahead of time, I would have never chosen this. In fact, I'm almost positive I won't chose a solid color ever again! I do so love this pattern, though. I see more in my future, even with no babies on the way. I think next up will be the Practically Seamless baby sweater from the Knitter's Almanac in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4ply.

Take care!

9 Comments:

  • Beautiful! I want to try my 1st one! How long have you been a knitter?

    By Blogger kate, at 1:49 PM  

  • Fabulous buttons--are they glass? Just wondering.

    Great job, tho.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • I don't think it's boring at all, but I agree that knitting a BSJ in a solid is less than scintillating :)
    I love the white and the buttons! Well done :)
    I've only done one, but my LYS (where I work p/t too) is doing a BSJ day where we knit for charity using scraps from samples and people's stash's at home. I'm super excited!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

  • Kate-- I started knitting late 2004

    The buttons are cheap plastic ones I found at Joann.

    Hannah--sounds like a lot of fun!!

    Thank you all for the compliments!

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 4:16 PM  

  • Thanks, sweetarts3- you did a great job- I am inspired!

    By Blogger kate, at 4:21 PM  

  • That is beautiful! I love the white. Cute buttons too.

    By Blogger tiennieknits, at 11:50 PM  

  • It's very pretty- I actually like the solid colors, because they show the stitch details so well. The blue one that I did (under the heading "BSJ2") gets as many complements as the multicolored version.

    I must admit though, the next one that I make (thanks to the addiction problem) will be in multiple colors..

    Very nice work!

    By Blogger stashmaster, at 8:42 AM  

  • I love your white BSJ. It's beautiful and the buttons are perfect!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • this baby sweater is amaizing, I love it!

    By Blogger Goce, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home