Zimmermania

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Greetings and Introductions

Hello fellow EZ fans! I am so glad to find a group dedicated to Zimmermania. So far I have 3 of her books in my collection. My latest addition is Knitting Around. I've been coveting that one for a while now because I want to make the Pi are Squared shawl. I have yet to actually knit anything a la Zimmerman, mainly because alot of what I've read up until now has kind of confused me. Her writing style is clear, but confusing at the same time if that makes any sense. I have loved reading the stories in Knitting Around about her personal life as a child and as a wife and mother. She seems like someone I would have loved to have known.

Any particular advice on what would be the best EZ pattern to get my feet wet on? Perhaps I should just read all the posts here on this blog and see what ya'll are doing and glean from all your collective knowledge!

By the way, I'm Lisa from Arkansas. Not only am I an addicted knitter, but I am also an obsessive spinner. My blog is located at www.bubblesandpurls.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • I know what you mean. EZ's style is a kind of shorthand that can be a bit tricky, but so satisfying to figure out on your own! I would start with the Tomten Jacket or the Baby surprise.

    If you like shawls, the Stonington shawl is actually pretty simple and addictive. The version published in "Knitters' Shawls and Scarves" is very clear. Picture of mine on my blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • EZ didn't like all those patterns with their abbreviations and encouraged everyone not to be a "blind followers" of such patterns, but I have to say that sometimes you need/want the exact instructions! I just bought EZ's books and made a dickey and a ganomy hat, just for fun, and when I can find myself some sweater yarn that I really love, I am going to make myself one. How about starting with a child size yoke sweater? Remember to keep the neck bigger though - 50% rather than the 40% for the adult neck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • I loved making the 'baby surprise' jacket. It's classic EZ, full of adventures, and very soon over. It's a good way to get your head into her instructions

    By Blogger eudyptula, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home