Zimmermania

Friday, January 26, 2007

Fair warning

Well, folks, when I logged in this morning to add the latest round of new Zimmermaniacs, I got an ominous and emphatic message about switching to Google rightnow. There was an option to bypass and go to the dashboard so I could post this note, but with a warning: YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE. I didn't think they'd force my hand this soon, but I may have no choice about rolling Zimmermania over to the new Blogger in the next couple of days. I haven't been able to find any information on what this will do to blogs like ours with vast numbers of contributors. Anecdotal evidence seems to show that you will not need a new invitation to rejoin, but that you will need to create your own Google account in order to access Zimmermania. We may as well all bite the bullet and make the jump, I suppose. Anyone watch Battlestar Galactica? I feel like we're this giant fleet about to coordinate a jump into another system, and I'm just hoping we all end up at the same coordinates and no one hits an asteroid on the way. If you DO hit an asteroid and can't get in after you've switched to Google, email me (sarah AT bluegarter DOT org) and I'll send you a new invitation. See you on the other side!

11 Comments:

  • After reading your post I decided to go ahead and change, and there doesn't seem to be any problem here. I love this group, so I hope others don't have any problems.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

  • I hope you switch over soon b/c I am on the new blogger and I can't accept the invitation until it switches over!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

  • I love this group

    I love Battle Star...

    And I already switched as other blogs I read and I am in did. So it is ok... No asteriod.

    Casey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 PM  

  • Will we anonymous folks still be able to enjoy Zimmermaniacs when you go to the new Blogger? I have been thinking about joining...would it be better to wait for the change and join after it has been accomplished? (I know nothing about these blog things, as you can probably tell!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • I had to do that for my blog and what I did was make everyone administrator for just one click, saved the settings and then took them off administrtor. That seemed to solve the problem and get everyone's names listed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • Yes, its true - you get ONE chance to see your old blogs on old blogger and the next time you logon you are in NEW BLOGGER LAND.

    If you need help let me know - i am running a KAL for the Russian Prime Sweater started by Knitters from MS Camp who belong to the MS KNITTING CAMP yahoo group (did ya follow that?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

  • AYE!
    & Crosses fingers &

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 AM  

  • I run a big group blog and am unable to switch because of my personal blog (probably because I use FTP to upload my posts). I've decided to hold off converting until EVERYONE can. Once a group blog converts, members cannot post to it unless they convert. However, people who convert can still use the OLD blog, with no new invites required.

    I hope you don't convert, just because I'm planning on posting something soon! :)

    By Blogger Tipper, at 7:31 AM  

  • I'm cool with it, but only because apparently Blogger wont let me join the bog as it is now, because I have a Google account, and you don't.

    (once you switch I'll need to ask for another invite so I can actually join.)
    dmp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • Well, we're here in Newbloggerland, so come on in, Anonymous Friends!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:27 AM  

  • I changed my blog when they allowed larger blogs to change over. I didn't update to any of the new templates though, I like that I've finally become familiar with my html and like it just the way it is. The only problem I've noticed so far is I have to be logged into blogger to post comments. It doesn't matter how many times I enter my username and password when leaving the comment, it's not accepted until I login to bloger in a new browser.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home