Zimmermania

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thumb trick question

For the first time I tried EZ's thumb trick (not in an EZ pattern -- it was the balaclava pattern from Homespun Handknits). From what I read in EZ's books about the thumb trick, it sounded super-easy to undo the waste yarn (just pull one end and zip! -- out it comes) when it's time to pick up the stitches around the hole. However, I found it difficult and time-consuming. I had to laboriously unpick each stitch individually. Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?

3 Comments:

  • No Zipping with the thumb trick. You are knitting in yarn for the waste yarn, so yes, you have to unpick each stitch. You are doing it right. The only "unzipping" I could think of would be perhaps a crocheted cast on for something, because that unzips, but crochet would not work for the Thumb Trick. You did good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 AM  

  • I just did a tutorial for the thumb trick over on my blog here:
    http://akittenknits.blogspot.com/2006/12/thumb-trick.html
    It's super easy, don't give up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 AM  

  • Thank you, Abigail! Your tutorial was extremely helpful (I wish I'd seen it before I tried the thumb trick myself!).

    By Blogger Splindarella, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home