Zimmermania

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Seamless Saddle Shoulder

Woo-hoo! It's done.

I joined the sleeves to the body Friday night - and happily knit most of Saturday and Sunday. Last night I finished off the saddles, and did the neckline. I'm too excited to block it just yet....

Another picture on my website betseydoodle.ca

The facts:

Yarn: Fleece Artist Kid/Silk 2ply - 2 skeins (250 g & 440 m each) There was only about 20 g left

Colour: No idea - they don't lable their colourways... but if I had to guess - it's close to Aegean When I ordered it via EBay - the seller called it "teal"

Needles: 3.75 mm circulars - The yarn calls for 4mm needles - but it seemed a little to loose to carry the ribbing.

Guage: 6 sts & 8 rows per inch

Pattern: Seamless -Saddle Shoulder - from Knitting Without Tears

Modifications: V-Neck - 2 x 2 ribbing - some minor fudging with numbers to ensure that the ribbing pattern worked. Waist shaping, as well as Bust short-rows.

6 Comments:

  • It looks great! Now I want to make one of these....

    By Blogger Beth, at 11:58 AM  

  • Love it!!! The color, the seams, everything!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

  • Beautiful! Period.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • Betsey, Your sweater is gorgeous. Beautiful color and it looks great on you!!

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 3:32 AM  

  • thanks everyone!

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 5:01 AM  

  • Betsey,


    I was thinking yesterday (5/21/09) of doing a sweater for my husband almost exactly like yours - saddle shoulders and a v-neck - just with a different stitch pattern (stockinette with some cables). Would you by any chance have written down your basic "pattern"? I am very interested in how you went about handling the v-neck simultaneously with the shoulder action? Did you do a steek for the neck opening? I really do want to keep the whole thing going in the round as much as possible!! You can respond to me at emmy_zuckerman@comcast.net. Thanks!!

    By Anonymous Emmy Zuckerman, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home