Zimmermania

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another BSJ is Finished


Project: Baby Surprise Jacket from The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Plymouth Encore, color 7064
Needles: US5 dpn
Finished Size: I'm not really sure. I think it is somewhere around an 18 month size or maybe larger.
Notes: I made this by the pattern, used I-cord to seam the shoulders, and added a 4-stitch I-cord edging. I love this pattern! I hadn't seamed it when I took it with me to buy buttons. Someone asked about it and it was so fun to show the odd shape and how simply it turned into a sweater. The colors range from pale green through blue and then lavender. I haven't figured out which lucky baby will get this one. It is really nice to have a spare ready!

Edited to answer the question: No, I did nothing special to get this striping. This is part of the magic of EZ's design! It works beautifully in a colorway with some striping.

2 Comments:

  • Beautiful. Mine's at a standstill. I can't figure out what to do when it says "work on the middle 90 stitches." Am I still making increases? Do I move inward from the increases when I make them or does my middle 90 stitches turn into more as I work along? Or am I just all goofed up and should be worrying about increases on the middle 90? LOL. Like I said, mine's at a standstill. Yours is just lovely!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • Cutey cute. I love to see how many different ways this sweater can turn out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home