Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Swatch-a-roo's first sweater...



This is my first post. Ever. Anywhere. I hope it works.

I've been knitting again since the spring. I once learned on a long road trip across the country but it didn't take. I think it's because one really shouldn't drive and knit and I did most of the driving. Notice I didn't say COULDN'T drive and knit. Anyway I decided to do an EZ seamless as my first sweater after seeing brooklyntweed's. I really like understanding how things are made so this method really appealed to me. After a couple of false starts that included an inadvertant mobius strip, (Quite nice it was) and an unfortunate twist of 188 stitches when I made the seamless hem, I was off and running and knitting round after round after round of stockinette. Stamina is all it takes.

I'm using Classic Elite Skye Tweed Color #1238. I'm not sure what the color name is, but it's a beautiful rust brown with flecks of yellow, red, orange, and even hot pink. I love the color and I really love the yarn. I got a gauge of 4.75 stitches on US 7's. I'm knitting with Addi Turbo circs and I love them. I'm a fairly tight knitter and these needles really let me loosen up. The sleeves are started on Clover bamboo dpns. I put a purl ridge as a fake seam and I'm increasing the sleeves with kfb 'cause I can better keep up with where I am.



It's good to know, too that if in the end the sweater doesn't fit (god forbid) I'll at least have a nice pair of gauntlets.

Looking forward to joining the sleeves to the body soon and finishing.


(cross posted at swatch-a-roo)

5 Comments:

  • You're doing really well! Your post came through beautifully and your sweater looks great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

  • hey! when i see the pieces laid out like that, i can see it finished !
    i might have to join the ranks of EZ knitting sometime too :)

    By Blogger gray la gran, at 10:12 AM  

  • Thanks...
    The posting took a bit of fiddling especially the pics.
    I may be the one overly educated graphic designer in the WORLD who doesn't know the first thing about the web.
    hmmm.

    By Blogger corbett, at 10:47 AM  

  • Great job on:
    a) your first post
    b) your first sweater

    Bravo

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 12:24 PM  

  • Kudos to you for tackling so many new things at once! Your sweater will be gorgeous - I was just fondling some Skye Tweed the other day.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home