Zimmermania

Monday, October 30, 2006

Introduction by Splindarella

Hi, all

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and thank you all for letting me join in the fun of this blog group! I only discovered EZ about a year ago and have been patiently trying to absorb her ideas as I read through her many books. I'm in love with the "no fear" approach to knitting that she encourages. "Unvention," experimentation, practicality and beautiful designs -- what more could I ask for?

Here's my first completed EZ project: Beethoven's Variations on a Dickey, knitted out of my own alpaca homespun:















It looks a little weird laid out on the table like that, but I just love it! It's warm, comfy and looks great under a denim oxford.

I've decided that my next EZ project will be much more ambitious: a fitted bog jacket from "Knitting Around." Here are the yarns I've picked out for it:















Three shades of Manos del Uruguay...yummy! I'm sure I'll be asking for pointers from all you experienced bog jacket-makers once I get started, so thanks in advance for being patient with an EZ newbie!

Feel free to pop on over and check out my blog.

4 Comments:

  • I love the knitted dickey! And I knew what it was as soon as I looked at it! Great job! Is it really cozy?

    By Blogger Liz M., at 5:17 AM  

  • I love the dicky! It's been on my to do list for a long time now. Any day now...

    By Blogger Monika, at 7:16 AM  

  • Thanks! Yes, the dickey is really cozy, but next time I'll make the neck a little longer. I followed the instructions and did about 4" of ribbing for the neck, but it turned out to be more of a low mock-turtleneck than a high turtleneck that covers all the neck. I didn't want one that folded over, but I did want one that covered my whole neck. Despite that, I'm just in love with how comfy it is and how easy and fun the pattern is to work.

    By Blogger Splindarella, at 8:34 AM  

  • Yay, a bog! I have the last half of one more sleeve to do on mine, and I'm lagging--but it is going to be such a warm, cozy sweater when it's done!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home