Zimmermania

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blue Shimmer, in progress.

This is what I've been working on for the last five weeks:



It's a copy of the "Blue Shimmer" originally designed by Bohus Stickning in Sweden. I got the yoke pattern from "Poems of Color" by Wendy Keele, and then made up my own pattern using EZ's percentage system yoke sweater (and my own gauge swatch), putting the increase rows into the color chart where I could. It seems to have worked, much to my amazement. (Plus I'm knitting it from the top down, which I've never done before.) The pattern in the book didn't go large enough, and my gauge was different and I was using other yarn... you know how it is.

This sweater is on a deadline and due October 4, and I'm really tired of looking at it and really want it over with. Once it's done I want to do a fisherman's gansy, again using the EZ percentage system. Love the percentage system.

3 Comments:

  • So pretty!

    By Blogger mathomhouse, at 9:14 PM  

  • The yarn is 2/8 Jager Spun weaving yarn from Halcyon Yarns.

    By Blogger Julie, at 6:15 AM  

  • Your sweater is beautiful! I purchased a Japanese knitting book and found similar patterns. Only problem is, Japanese knit in size 1 and 2, needless to say, I've never been either size, yeek!
    But am currently knitting for an oriental lady and it is working out perfectly.
    Enjoy your sweater!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home